What is ILTA?
ILTA is the Irish Learning Technology Association, and is a community of researchers, practitioners and industry professionals with a shared interest in technology-enhanced learning across Ireland. We organise regular events, and also host the EdTech conference on an annual basis in various Higher Education Institutions around the country.
ILTA is a community of professionals committed to the development and exchange of knowledge by sharing expertise and the promotion of best practice in technology-enhanced learning.
Legal Status and Governance Structure
In November 2012, ILTA attained Company Limited By Guarantee status (i.e. the formulation of ‘The Irish Learning Technology Association Ltd’ CRO# 520231). The legal entity is akin to Charitable status and is common with many membership-based organisations in Ireland.
ILTA.Ltd has four Directors, 11 Members and 1 Legal Secretary. It operates on a not-for-profit basis. All previous ILTA Chairs are included in the Governance Structure of the Association.
ILTA currently has an Executive Committee and a Steering Committee who devised the ILTA Strategic Plan (2011-14).
- To support a community, interested in enhancing learning with technology, across corporate, formal and informal learning sectors.
- To encourage collaboration between members and foster engagement between ILTA members and the wider community.
- To promote TEL research by supporting targeted activities (e.g. VLE National Student Survey and institutional TEL Survey) and the provision of dissemination channels (e.g. EdTech Conference research strand and TEL Ireland peer-reviewed journal)
- To support innovation through the Jennifer Burke Award for Innovation in Teaching and Learning
- To support evidence-based best practice in enhancing learning with technology across Ireland through our EdTech annual conference and by supporting information and resource exchange
- To represent ILTA members nationally and internationally.
- To establish a framework for continuous professional development that will increase the skills and knowledge of the ILTA community.