Eurovision 2020: Technology Enhanced Learning for a New Horizon
Irish higher education is undergoing fundamental structural reform at a national level, while engaging in an increasingly globalised market place. As we move towards 2020, issues concerning student participation, retention and resourcing sit alongside policy and practice tensions. However, the core issue of quality in higher education remains of paramount importance for all educational stakeholders.
The EdTech2014 conference theme aligns with the forthcoming EU strategic report ‘New Methods of Delivering Quality in Higher Education’. The report will:
- Provide recommendations to Member States with respect to the effective use of technology-enhanced learning tools, methods and practices to support the quality agenda and;
- Address associated infrastructure, funding, policy, IPR, staff development and accreditation issues to support the adoption of these practices.
We invite Irish and international participants to enthusiastically engage with the conference theme from pedagogical, research, innovation, policy and organisational perspectives. The aims of the conference are:
(1) to pro-actively contribute to this agenda-setting debate; and
(2) provide a tangible evidence-base to inform our own policy and practice through information and practice exchange.
What to Expect @ EdTech2014
We promise delegates a welcoming and dynamic gathering point as we consider the opportunities and challenges afforded by this theme. You can expect plenty of networking opportunities to swap stories, develop strategies, make new friends and reflect on an eventful academic year at Ireland’s longest running technology-enhanced learning user conference, EdTech2014.
Some issues to consider may include:
- Digital Literacies for All Stakeholders – students, staff, institutions and governments
- MOOCs, SOOCs and SPOCs – how to, why to, or not to
- Show me the Evidence-Base – informing policy and practice
- Learning Technologies – Disruptive or Reductive?
- eAssessment – the REAL student and staff focus
- Digital Badges – new currency or non-runner?
- mLearning – flexible learning for lifelong learners
- Learning Analytics – rationale, process and application
- Flipped/BYOD Learning – innovative use of scarce resources or DIY learning?
- Digital Identity – data, presence, ownership, safeguards
- Engaging with EU programmes – who, what, when, how?